1. To give consideration to all areas of our business activities that impact on the environment.
2. Set out a policy statement showing our long-term achievable objectives.
3. Ensure that the policy is consistent with the firm's values and is built on commitment.
4. Provide environmental training to our staff to ensure clients receive sound advice from us.
5. Establish lines of responsibility for implementing and evaluating the management of the policy.
6. Circulate all aspects of the policy in order to raise staff and client awareness of environmental issues related to our involvement with them.
7. To monitor and encourage economic use of energy, resources and the reduction of wastes.
8. To encourage use of recycling schemes by all staff.
9. To stop using ozone depleting substances and products containing them.
10. To seek advisors whose environment policy is acceptable to us.
11. To minimise individual travelling and use public transport where possible and convenient.
12. To comply with relevant Environmental Legislation.
13. To raise awareness among employees and clients on relevant environmental issues.
14. To monitor progress, review our policy annually and keep appraised of new attitudes and concerns in the environmental arena.
15. Reduce consumption of energy by:
- Switching off lights not required
- Maintaining room temperatures at appropriate levels
- Ensuring heating systems are not blocked by furniture
- Block draughts where possible
- Ensure empty areas are not heated
- Fit automatic closures to doors
- Buy low energy IT systems and switch off non essential equipment at night and during long breaks.
16. Conserve water by:
- Stopping taps dripping
- Avoiding running water unnecessarily
- Reporting leaks immediately
17. Minimise waste through:
- Recycling paper , packaging and plastics
- Buying refills not new units
- Not overstocking
- Reuse of paperclips, files and similar consumables
- Distributing documents in electronic form where possible
- Avoiding unessential printing and copying
About Alliance Planning Index
I am looking for...
Office and Staff Contact Details
Alliance has offices in London, Guildford, Birmingham and Milton Keynes that allow us to provide a highly quality and experienced team of planners that work across the whole of England, Scotland and Wales.
Everything we do is underpinned by our core values of building lasting relationships through providing commercially aware, efficient and effective town planning and EIA advice. We are committed to the continued delivery of a high quality national town planning consultancy.